Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Return of the Prodigal Son

That's right ladies and gents... your favorite blogger is back from his 45-day hiatus. What have I learned from my time out of the spotlight? My priorities.

What has happened in these past 45 days? Let us reflect; The summer school term ended, Megs and I traveled on down to the 505 so my parents and grandma could fall in love with her too, I moved, the NFL regular season started, as did the school fall semester. Now with all these things going on, not including church and work responsibilities, I've had to really juggle my time and energy with everything that's been happening. Now I'm not really a fan of quantifying such things, but I figure I'd objectively look at what I've been up to recently and try to put some things in order...

1a. Religion/Spirituality

1b. Megs/Family (One might wonder, why 1a and 1b? Well, I figure that it's impossible to serve one without serving the other. Notice however that Heavenly Father gets the edge here as 1a because well, he's
God.) Note: All wedding preparations and such fall under this category, let's not get too specific.

2. Football I*. More specifically the NFL, but I'm down with all genres of
God's Game. Go Pack Go. (*) refer to priority 7.

3a. School.

3b. School. (I have so much of it I thought it appropriate to put it twice.)

4. Fantasy Football, yeah it's
that important.

5. ESPN.com

6. Work, blah.

7. Football II. *There are two types, (I) the kind that you MUST watch (i.e. The Super Bowl, all playoffs and Packers games, games that have playoff implications or affect the Packers, as well as all marquee-matchups) and (II) the kind that you'd watch if you didn't have other priorities that prevent you from watching (i.e. all other football games).

8. Sleep

9. Madden... my thumbs are exceptionally strong and nimble.

These of course are neither complete nor final, (nos. 4 and 5 could be interchangeable) but I feel that they are a decent representation of how and where I've been spending the majority of my time and energy. So if someone asks about me, you can just tell them that God and Megs are my life,
God's Game is my favorite pastime and I work hard to be a good economist.

Oh and I almost forgot...

10. Blogging. :)

4 comments:

chocoholic said...

Kody, you are hilarious and awesome and we love you! Kristi

Meghan Staples said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megs said...

Glad to see I made the top of the list! :) LOVE YOU!

cs said...

So, a couple of things. One, so glad you have a new post and so glad to see you have your priorities in the right place.

two, what is Madden? is it a variation of thumb war? and that really is a ranked as a priority, hmmm? I am all astonishment! (to quote Caroline Bingley from P and P:) and then number three, how 'bout them Green Lake Packers! Heard they are 30-0.

And then finally, number 4: tag, YOU'RE It! (I can do this as I am the tag boss)