Thursday, September 25, 2008

Decision 2008; Sort of...

After getting most of my homework done tonight, my mind was drawn to some semi-serious thought about our current presidential candidates. While perusing around on the web for a few minutes, I came across a "Select A Candidate Quiz", put on by a Quad-Cities news channel. Click here to take the quiz yourself.

The premise of this quiz is that upon answering several multi-choice questions about different issues, and then stating that issue's personal importance to you, the quiz will spit out a score for each candidate (limited to McCain and Obama), thus telling you which candidate's political views are aligned with yours.

Now as to the validity (or lack thereof) of this quiz, as well as any bias or agenda there may be in the computations going on behind the scenes, I have no idea. It may-very-well-be that it's rigged by some right-wing extremist, computer programming news-caster... But either way it was fun for me to do and get one opinion of where my views are situated between this war-of-words otherwise known as, the Presidential Election.

My results gave McCain a landslide victory of 53-11 over Obama. I don't know how the scores are actually tallied so I'm not sure what the total number of points are, but it sure seemed to me like a lop-sided affair. Give it a try yourself, and feel free to post your quiz results in the comments.

In other news, Megs and I keep trucking along. School, work, school, work, see eachother for five minutes, school, work, football on the weekends. And thus go our lives.

Thankfully our teams' successes (Packers 2-1, Cougs 4-0) are keeping our spirits high, along with The Office premiere we watched tonight with some friends. Speaking of friends, Randy, one of my best friends, mission comp and groomsman got married this past Friday (to a girl from Wisconsin no-less) and we really enjoyed the festivities... We're happy that more of our friends are "joining the club".

Mum & Dad are sojourning their way up to the Lovely Deseret this next week to visit Kayci (oh, and us too) so I'm sure I'll be blogging again soon to recap the two minutes we get to spend with them amidst our school, work, school, work routine.

Love you all, and Go Pack Go!

0 comments: