Sunday, September 6, 2009

Worth a Thousand Words...

After getting home from church today, I started up my computer, logged on to the ESPN.com home page and was greeted by this...

Watching BYU beat Oklahoma last night on national television was the most exciting game I've seen in a long time! It was up-and-down, back-and-forth for all four quarters and came down to a late touchdown that clinched the 14-13 upset for the Cougs. Yes, yes, yes!

I usually prefer watching football with family and friends, however because of some extenuating circumstances, all my friends were out of town and Megs had to work, leaving me all by my lonesome in front of the TV. It's said that a person shows their true colors when no one is watching... that same saying rings true for sports fans too!

I was yelling and screaming, jumping around, banging my fists and sprinting (literally sprinting) up-and-down our apartment the entire game. Those who have watched a Packers or Cougars game with me know how animated and "into it" I can get, but I was at my best last night...

Go Cougars!

Next up; The Packers host "da Bears" on Sunday Night Football a week from tonight (8 pm EST, on NBC)... Stand clear folks, I'll be running circles around the couch every time A-Rodge and the boys score! And believe me when I say, there will be a lot of running :)

3 comments:

Dad Staples said...

Now settle down!!!!!! on the other hand it isn't often when we have been able to celebrate BYU Football like you could last night.
What a game it was and definitely an up and down game. Go cougars, including Kody's fan club.

Dad Staples

Dunns said...

WOOT WOOT for the Cougars!!!!!

Megs said...

You are too cute! I'm sad we didn't get to watch it together in person--but we'll have plenty more games to cheer on the cougs--but more importantly, cheer on the pack! :0) heart you (even if you took victory at Milles Bornes tonight!)