Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm not a business man, I'm a business, man...


Overstock.com Corporate HQ in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Well it's officially official... I'm a business man! As of today, I've finished my first week at Overstock.com and what a week it has been!

While Monday and Tuesday consisted mostly of just paperwork and general orientation, I got more into my specific role during the latter part of the week, and I'm excited to dive right in again next week as well!

As I have mentioned before, my title at Overstock.com is Customer Value Analyst. As a member of the Customer Relationship Management team, I will be working closely with marketing to evaluate promotion proposals, provide customer valuation and liaison on behalf of the analytics team, as well as a gamut of other responsibilities.

The CVA team is a brand-new part of the CRM and Analytics dept at Overstock.com, and I'm the first (and only) one that they've hired, so naturally my training has been a little helter-skelter, but I'm really excited to be a part of something new and have direct input into the function of my position.

My work is quite challenging, with a really steep learning curve... but that's just what I wanted coming out of school. I'm excited about learning as much as I can about CRM and gaining some valuable programming and analytical skills too. The office environment is great and I'm surrounded by a lot of really smart people, who serve as a great resource for me as I gain experience and try to expand my knowledge base. I certainly have a looooooooooooong way to go, but one week into it, Overstock.com seems like the perfect place to start my career... what more could I ask for?

(Oh yeah, did I mention that I graduated two weeks ago? Yeah, that was fun.)

4 comments:

Dad Staples said...

Kody, We are so proud of you and now you're in the business world and ready to make a difference. what a special experience awaits you and to know that you have prepared through college to become a part of the business community that effects all the people. Keep up the good work and let us know from time to time what are the best deals out there???!!!!!! love you heaps son,

Dad

Dad Staples said...

I assume your new office is on the second to top floor where all the glass is????? just point it out to us!!!!

Dad Staples

Sonja said...

Congratulations. You're going to do great.

Sunny said...

Why need best registry cleaner? Registry is the heart of computer. The longer use of computers,

the more software installed, registry garbage inside the computer will be more, which makes the

computer crash or slower and slower. Clean up your registry using the best registry cleaner

software is necessary.
I want to talk about it on my blog, if you are intrested in it, following me!