Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Ring of Fire

Ok, so in the past week, I've learned how important a ring is when claiming one is 'engaged'... and I've learned it the hard way. A couple weeks ago, Megs and I decided to get married... super, grand, fantastic... crazy happy. And after I tell Mum and Dad, I decide to wait until talking to Megs' dad about it before spilling the beans to the rest of the family... Not a bad idea. Now what was a bad idea?... not getting the friggin' ring first!

Since sending the "Who's-That-with-Kody-Oh-My-Goodness-He's- Engaged-Video", as it will be hitherto known, all I have heard as reaction from relatives of both sides are questions like "So how did he propose?" or "Can you send a picture of the ring?" These questions only to be followed by others such as "So wait, are you really getting married?" and "Well what's taking him so long? You know you don't have to marry him until that ring is on your finger..."

I have not proposed. Correct. She does not have a ring yet. Double Correct. Not my fault... Triple Correct. Just to 'clear the air', we have picked out a ring, and I will be purchasing it very soon, and I will be proposing to Megs with it soon after... The ring has to be custom made, and they won't do it until I actually spend some cheese, hence the "we're-engaged-but-she-doesn't-have-a-ring-yet" situation that we find ourselves in. So in an effort to dispose of the nay-sayers and their squabblings... the temple is booked, the JSMB is reserved and I am officially spoken for.... mmm, feels good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you lil' bro!! ;)

Kimbeau said...

Lame! Not your fault? What a surprise you have coming for you!!

:)

Anonymous said...

This is your future Uncle-in-law or whatever. It looks like you are now included in our blogging links. I want to congratulate you-- not on getting engaged or anything-- but on allowing anyone to comment on your blog without having to type in our google user name. That alone, tells me you are; easy going, and or lazy. Both of those qualities are admirable. Just curious to know if you have heard of something called A.S.S. If so, I might suggest a picture of you and Megs should be on your next blog posting. It's important that all the Walker/Arnett side feel included because usually "if they are not in charge, they are not interested". In this case, if Megs is not pictured the rest of the females will not be interested. Of course, if you don't want to have any Walker/Arnett's read your blog then by all means, don't put her picture on it. At least, I will understand.

Anonymous said...

are you the guy at the Back Street Boyz concert in 2003 when they played the County Fair in Des Moines Iowa? I was the girl in the pink flowered shirt and you left your rubik's cube on the folding chair. i still have it if you want it. but some of the tiles fell off.

cs said...

new post please

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.