Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birth-Givers' Day!

On this Mothers' Day I wish to shout out thanks and love to all the mothers in my life, starting with my very own Mum!


As you can see from this photo, I get much of my humor, wit and charm from my Mom. Through all the years, I get glimpses of who my Mother truly is and what she's done and still does for me. But even as I try to put all the pieces together, the full picture of my Mum never seems to come totally clear into view. She is all and more of everything that any woman should ever try to be, and I know of at least 7 other first-hand witnesses who would vouch for her.

So to my Angel Mother who gave birth to this boy...


and helped him become who he is today (which is pretty much just a taller version)...

I love you Mum.

Also I mustn't forget my other wonderful Mom, Belle Ma.


Megs' mumsie has been an absolute angel to me since "tying the knot" with my little Megs. Not only does she take me off Megs' hands when I'm driving my wife crazy, but she takes such great care of me and treats me like her own.

Je t'aime Belle Ma.

I have always been cognisant of my insufficient abilities to relate to mothers in any way or through any medium of comparison. However as I grow older, I find that my inadequate understanding of mothers becomes more and more wanting every year. I don't understand all that mothers do, nor do I get how they do it. But everytime I think about it, I realize that's the way it should be.

Because that's how great true Mothers are.

Ps. Mum, don't forget to re-wrap your Mothers' Day present and then act surprised when you open it up again... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kodison-Despite having to play second-fiddle to Brett (make that THE Brett), I feel honored that you would devote a portion of your blog to me today. Since we are all agreed that your postings will one day make the NY Times Best-seller list (if not the front of the sports page or ESPN...), I am in good company!
Brett is already a household word; may it ever be the same with MUM!

Sonja said...

what a sweet blog. I loved the pictures.

Sonja said...

what a sweet blog. I loved the pictures.