Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day of Days

I've always been interested in learning about military conflicts (both past and present) and tactics, though I've never really thought of myself as one who would do well in the armed forces, or even survive for that matter. This past weekend a group of friends and I got together to go paintballing, as I figured that this would be the closest I'd ever be willing to get to the "real deal".

I can't remember a time when I didn't want to go paintballing, so naturally I was really excited, and boy oh boy, I wasn't disappointed!


We found a cool forested area in American Fork to play and "went to war" for a few hours on Saturday. It was so much fun, it's practically all that I've been able to think about since! I found this sweet army jacket second-hand so I'd "blend" into my surroundings and look the part. I can hardly wait to get back out there again and would highly recommend paintball to everybody! It can hurt a bit, so don't think that it's a pansy game by any means (not wearing a mask is extremely dangerous) but if you've got a decent pain threshold, you'll be fine.

Meghan had some fun shooting one of the paintball guns in our backyard too... of course she didn't get shot at, so she only got half the experience. :)


After paintballing, the Wife and I went to DéLeon Spa to get a couples massage (Megs' treat!). It was a little weird at first, since I knew that the "girl hands" that were rubbing my back didn't belong to my wife, but the masseuse was really good and soon enough we were both on cloud nine. It was kinda pricey, but we had so much fun, as soon as we can afford it again, we're going!

To round out the day, we drove up to Syracuse for a surprise birthday party for my best friend Craig. We got home SUPER late and were SUPER tired, but a day that starts with paintball, ends with birthday cake and has a massage in between has to be worth it, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the life of college students. It doesn't get much better. Meghan you look terrific holding that paintball gun, what did you hit?
Love you both heaps
Dad

Megs said...

Bah! What an embarrassing photo! :0) lol! thanks for teaching me how to aim, shoot, fire Kodis! Can't wait to really go paintballing now! :0)

Kodison said...

yeah, Megs... about that. I don't know if I'll be letting you go paintballing "full bore". Maybe we'll just stick with shooting the tree in the backyard for now, k?

Megs said...

what?! argh I am so offended. ;0) I could whoop your cute bum paintballing...you just wait Kodis!