Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Birthday to Remember

It's official, I'm now 22 and no longer a "rookie" adult... No more excuses of being new to this "adulthood thing". I feel like Frederick Fleet, you know the guy who manned the crow's nest of the Titanic, who uttered the fateful words, "Iceberg Ahead!" Only in my direction, the word iceberg is replaced with real life. Just as well. I said this same thing when I left home for college, when I left college for my mission, when I left my mission for home, when I left home for college again and when I left bachelorhood for Meghan. Since "the grass has been greener" every step of the way so far, I'm hoping for that trend to continue...

I won't be giving the play-by-play of our (I'll never be able to just say my ever again) birthday celebration as that's already been done, but since my final birthday present came in the mail today, I figured that I should share it with all of you...

Behold, an authentic Brett Favre jersey!


Isn't it just absolutely gorgeous?!?!


All the numbers and lettering are beautifully stitched on, including the Lambeau Field 50th Anniversary Patch that the Packers wore at home this past season. Lust, love, whatever you want to call it, I absolutely, positively adore this jersey and almost had to call in sick to work today as I didn't want to take it off. And who got this fine piece of authentic NFL equipment for me?... Why only someone even more beautiful and gorgeous than my jersey!!!

My Megs. How I love her...

Now the buck doesn't stop there either... Not only did she get me this jersey-of-all-jerseys, but with it, she included 2 tickets to the Packers-49ers pre-season game in San Fran this August!

Heck Yes!

We are SO excited to go, I've already been coming up with all the things I'm going to yell to my favorite players...

"Hey Donald! Lemme see that First-Down shimmy of yours!"
(video: #80 Donald Driver, dance after catch)

"Hey Greg! Go deep baby!"
(video: #85 Greg Jennings, game-winning catch)

"Yo Al! Lock 'em down boy!"
(video: #31 Al Harris, bottom of screen)

"Hey Brett! Throw a TD pass for me!"...
Oh wait. (tears... tears...)

"I mean hey A-Rod! YOU throw one!"
(video: #12 Aaron Rodgers, the future is now!)

Oh boy, I'm already like a little boy in a candy store, even though the game is still 2 months and 800 miles away... We'll be making a weekend of it and can't wait to "leave our hearts" in 'Frisco for a couple days!

In retrospect, the whole double-birthday thing is awesome. Megs is right, it does feel like Christmas, and there's no one else in the world that I'd rather share every, single birthday with for the rest of my life, than my sweet, sweet Megs!

Look out real life, Kodison has arrived! ...Again

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome is that!!!! somebody sure loves somebody in this family of two. We love you both and are so thankful that the Lord saw fit to put you both at a time and place that you would meet. Nothing is more special than to know that you will be together forever!!! Keep the blogs coming. Love you Kody and Meghan

Dad Staples

Kodison said...

Seriously Dad, you are SO right! Who woulda thought that I'd marry an Orem girl who'd end up loving the Pack just as much as me?!?! She's perfect, what can I say...

Anonymous said...

I think you're right, Kody...you have arrived! They say that it's not the destination, but the journey that is important; so somewhere along the way, you paid your dues and won the only lottery where the prize is for real.Meghan is the pay that doesn't come in an envelope; and the dividends will keep rolling in forever and ever. We're so happy for you! Mum

Dunns said...

How EXCITING!!! A pre-season game in San Fran?!?!? That is so cool! You have the bestestestest wife ever!! ;-) That is just too awesome; I know you guys will have a blast! Now the question is... what did YOU get for MEGS on HER birthday???

Kevin said...

I think Kaycer hit it on the head! What did Meghan get for her birthday?

Sounds like the two of you are doing great...just counting down the days until August in Cali!