Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Dad's Day!

I have only 4 words to say to my Dad on this Fathers' Day...


Thanks, I love you.

Thanks
for all the things you gave me and all the times you were there for me. For every basketball game you showed up to and football game you watched with me. For every work meeting you left early and all the personal time you neglected in order to not neglect me. For every bite of food I ate and thread of clothing I wore, for every fun family trip and sports team I wanted to play for... Thanks.

I love you for all the lessons you taught me and the example you set for me. For teaching me about the Gospel and then showing me how to live it. For teaching me the importance of family and then always being there for us... I love you.

You made me feel that there was nothing I couldn't accomplish, and always supported and enabled me in whatever endeavor I was interested in. You never treated Mum as anyone other than the angel she is, and never acted unlike the loving Dad I know you as.

You Dad, are my hero.

Of course, how can I write on Fathers' Day without giving a shout-out to my great Father Sir.


Since the beginning of my courtship with Megs, Father Sir has been nothing but accepting and loving towards me, before AND after getting to know me. Even after learning of my "Macness deficiency", he still tolerates my "blue-screen-of-deathness".

Thanks for taking it easy on me when I asked for Megs' hand, and for what will go down as the greatest wedding of all-time. (Seriously everybody... you know you're jealous) Who knows, maybe someday I'll learn to surf the web more creatively and I'll buy some Alan Parsons albums.

To my Dads, of all the things to say and everything that you mean to me, the only thing that comes to mind remains simply...

Thanks, I love you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kody, You son have made me proud to be your dad. The things we've accomplished together are memories that shall never fade. Thank you for your special kind words and for the love you show to me. I am one happy, proud father.

Love you,

Dad