Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's a Bird, It's a Plane!... No really, it's a Birdie!

I went golfing today with B Gomer (my bro-in-law-in-law) and HB (my Uncle-in-law) for the third time in as many weeks. The first two times, Brig and I played pretty equally, both shooting around 49 or 50 on 9 holes, nothing too spectacular, while HB rocked us by shooting in the low 40s, something I had never accomplished.

You see, I have always loved the game of golf, both playing and watching, but have never really caught on. Last summer, I played a bit but could never break 50 on 9 holes (terrible I know...) I've been a lot more dedicated this year, playing at least twice a week, thanks to HB's connections and Belle Ma's generosity (she got me a golf pass), and as you can see in the sidebar to the right, I've been playing considerably better this summer, and have yet to post a 9-hole score of worse than 50.

So 3 weeks ago when we started playing, my lofty goal was to somehow match HB's score before the end of summer, and lo and behold, my prayers have been answered!


As you can plainly see, my 43 tied HB's score and I even beat him on the back 9 today too! That 43 is 3 strokes better than my previous best of 46 I shot a couple weeks ago. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased! You can also see that B Gomer shot a 39, his personal best as well... Congrats Bro!

Lastly, you might notice the circle around the 3 on my third hole. What does that mean you might ask?

Well Bird's the Word baby, cuz it's a Birdie!

I'm not sure if it's the first birdie of my life, but if it isn't, it's likely the second. It came on a short par 4 where I put my 170-yard approach shot about 4 feet from the cup, and holed-in from there.


And yes, I fist-pumped just like Tiger.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed!!! It sounds as though you are really into the golf and with Tiger on the sidelines that there is hope for you!!! go get em dude!!!!
I was hoping that Meghan would have been mentioned among the golf info as to her health and recovery!!!! please update us. Love you son

Dad

ld said...

You forgot to mention that HB starts from the Senior tees…what color do you and BGomer start from?

Kimbeau said...

Dude...a quadruple on #2? That's all I'm seeing there is that big old "8". :)

Seriously, congrats! Best come back down to Tour 18 and we'll have another go!

Kodison said...

I started playing at the juniors tees, but since my 22nd, I've graduated to the mens' ;)

And Kimbeau, come on... It's on a triple bogey on 2. I couldn't get out of the friggin' sand!