Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birfday Betty!


On this, the 4th of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand and eight, we celebrate the birth of my Betty (some of you may know her as Megs), one of the greatest gifts that a loving God has blessed me with. To commemorate this, her 24th (oops, she told me to say 20th... my bad) birthday, here are 24 reasons why I wuv my Megs...

(in no particular order)

24. Because she plays the piano real well and fills our house with pretty music
23. Because she's not afraid to play sports with me; nor kick my butt at most of them either!
22. Because she laughs at my bad jokes... most of the time.
21. Because even while she lets me have my vices (Madden), she's a penny-pincher and helps us save money... except when at the mall ;)
20. Because she loves her family and makes sure to stay close to them.
19. Because she loves my family, even though she'd only met Kayci and the Parentals before the wedding.
18. Because she loves polka-dots and buttons and she's way good at crafty stuff.
17. Because she's an amazing cook. Before we got married, she "warned" me that I shouldn't expect much in that department. Well, 5-plus months of chicken pillows, lasagna, fried pasta, porcupine meatballs, jalapenos rellanos, enchiladas, cheese broccoli and orange chicken later... I am a fat man :)
16.
Because she speaks French and totally knows what I'm talking about when I bring up stories about my mission.
15. Because her laugh is the cutest noise in the world. I can't explain through text, but if you've heard it, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
14. Because she can make a house/apartment look awesome. Our place rocks, and it's all because she knows how to put a home together.
13. Because she makes me laugh. Betty, you're hilarious... especially when you aren't trying to be <3
12. Because not only does she understand me, she's understanding.
11. Because she loves football and genuinely gets into it with me... (more to come on this later)
10. Because she's accomplishing things in life. School, work, church, hobbies and crafts... She's going somewhere good and taking me with.
9. Because she forgives me of my shortcomings and looks past them towards the few things I do well.
8. Because she loves God, the Savior and the Gospel... and makes sure that I do too ;)
7. Because she shows she really cares about me and always gives me her best.
6. Because she wants to have kids and thanks to her, they should be pretty cute.
5.
Because she breaks my heart with her tears, and then melts it back together again with her smiles.
4. Because she loves the Packers and Brett Favre. (This of course is separate and much more important than #11)
3. Because she is the most wonderful person I've ever met. Only Mum and Belle Ma can even compete with her when speaking of someone so kind, loving, sweet, gentile and caring. She is my angel.
2. Because she loves me and lets me know it hundreds of times everyday.
1. Because she's my wife, sent straight from Heaven.

Happy Birthday Megs... I Love You.

Now where's the cake and ice cream?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Meghan, he really loves you!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to a very lovely young woman! THIS family is so blessed to have Meghan as our daughter/sister/aunt...she is all you said, Kody, and more. The 'more' you will discover as the years pass and you come to see even deeper into her heart and feel the constancy of her love for you. Many more Happy Birthdays!
Mum

Sonja said...

You guys are so adorable!