Thursday, May 14, 2009

Moving Right Along...



In the famed words of Kermit the Frog, things have been "moving right along" for us here in the Valley of Ootah, with emphasis on the moving part. After a blissful 16 months, we finally left our first little slice of heaven in south Provo.


Yes, we were very sad to leave, but all good things must come to an end and thus, we gapped it out of the little brick house that was. We moved out the 28-30th of April, and then went straight to San Jorge with our friends Randria (Randy and Andria) to unwind the winding of finals weeks and moving. We swam, played games, swam, slept, swam, played golf, swam some more, played tennis and then swam one last time. The weather was great, the company was even better, and even though both Megs and I managed each to throw up once during the trip, it ended up being a huge success. :)

Kodison, Megs and Randria
Upon returning north, we've settled into the basement of Megs' gracious parents, who were kind enough to let us barge in on them and bother them day and night. Of course reality then hit us once again as work (and school for the wifey) came calling.

The weather has finally turned mild, bringing yet another summer of golf! I've only gotten out and played three times so far, with my best score on 9 being a decent 45. I'm hoping to get down to 40 this summer (I shot a 39 once last year) so I'll keep errbody updated as to how my golf game is (or isn't) going.

***While you're in the blogging spirit, don't limit yourself to just reading my ramblings here... if you do, you'll be missing out on some BIG PRIZES over on Megs' blogs! You can enter the sweepstakes by going here, which will eventually lead you to the actual prize giveaway here.

Last but not least, the new Dan Brown movie Angels & Demons is coming out tomorrow, starring my actor bff Tom Hanks, and I couldn't be more excited. I'll have a full review of the spectacle up on the blog soon after seeing it, so be sure to check back this weekend!

In Packers News: The NFL Draft was held April 25th & 26th and it could not have gone better for our boys in Green and Gold. The Pack took my top player (BJ Raji) with their first pick, and then surprised us all by moving up into the late first round to take Clay Mattews, a perfect choice for our new defense. Along with our top two picks, I was really pleased with the two o-linemen that we drafted (Lang and Meredith) and the full back we got (Quinn Johnson) is a real bruiser that will likely be starting week one. All in all, well done Ted Thompson. Very well done.

Also, Brett Favre might be coming back to play for the Viqueens. Say it ain't so, Brett.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I got to see "the little brick house that was" before you left her! Kristi