Monday, May 25, 2009

Slippin' and Slidin'!

As an early birthday present, Kayci, Jeremy and Ty gave Megs and I a Slip 'N Slide!! (How freaking cool, I know) Now, you have to understand a couple things... Kayci & Jeremy give AWESOME gifts :) For Christmas last year (I think), they gave us a sushi kit and a really cool "whodunit" book, so they are just knocking these gifts out of the park every year.

Anywho, enough about them, onto the Slip 'N Slide! ;) I remember the Crocodile Mile that we had back in Packerland, and thought that thing was the coolest. Mainly because all my older siblings played on it and had fun, therefore, I automatically thought that it was cool.

Aside: Really, I came to the frightening conclusion a few years ago, during a conversation with Kimball, that my persona was simply a mish-mash conglomeration of everything that my older brothers and sisters thought was cool and their preferences. For instance, my favorite color (powder/sky blue) and numbers (2, 11, 12, 17) were already Kimball's when he was younger. My least-favorite foods growing up (mushrooms, bananas)? Already taken. Or what about my favorite hobbies and sports (football, baseball, basketball, tennis, golf)? Well, you can bet that at least one of my siblings played it in high school. And if Megs ever gets mad at me for playing video games? Blame my techie older bros for that. Heck, my whole allergy (and fear of) bees stems from an incident where Kimball locked me out of the house and made me run though an ENTIRE HIVE of like, 400 hornets! Thankfully, I'll finally become my own person and escape the shadows of my older brothers when I graduate from BYU next year... Wait.

Back to the Slip 'N Slide... so Megs and I decided to bust it out this afternoon and her mom was in the back yard with us to film the event!



A few obvious observations from the Slip 'N Slide experience...
- 16 feet is no where NEAR as long as it used to be. Holy smokes, my face was splashing into the "pool" at the end before my feet even hit the tarp!
- The inflatable "boogies" are useless. In the 2000's, they give you little inflatable, wannabe boogie boards to slide on. The things are as big as one of my pectoral muscles and equally as flimsy. Whenever I tried using one it felt as if I has just slid over a small woodland creature... who did NOT want to be there.
- Either my attention span has shortened significantly or my mind has been refined to enjoy more mature activities (please be the latter), but after going down the Slip 'N Slide 3 times, I was ready to call it quits. Not because it wasn't fun, but because I had to do an Army-style "Up-Down" getting off if I didn't want to faceplant into the fence in the backyard.

When it was all said and done, the Slip 'N Slide was a huge success (when accounting for inflation)! We can't wait to get Megs' one year-old neice out there for her first SNS experience!

Thanks to the Dunns who rocked yet another gift! We can't wait to bust out the snocone maker next! :)

4 comments:

cs said...

Such funsters!

Megs said...

thanks for slippin' and slidin' with this girl! Heart you!

Anonymous said...

where is the video of Kody coming down the slide???? kristi

Dunns said...

I'm so glad you tried it out!! I'm so not surprised the whole experience was very different than we remember it to be! Strange how things change once you're all grow'd up, isn't it?? ;-) Be sure to take video of Cate giving it a try! love you!