Sunday, May 31, 2009

El Apartment

As promised, here's a quick overview of my apartment here in Tucson. I made it to church this morning, as there's a chapel just up the road, but boy oh boy, my car was TOASTY when I came out after the meetings. Thank goodness my apartment (and hopefully work as well) has covered parking. Anyways, here's some pics (and a vid) of my new place.

My apartment. The door is under the overhang on the right.

Open the door and climb the stairs to get to my pad.

At the top of the stairs you're met by the kitchen...

...and the living room. The door on the left goes out to a small balcony. BTW, that couch on the right just may be the least-comfortable couch ever conceived by man.

Continuing on into the bedroom (I'm not fully un-packed yet)



Here's a video to show you how it all fits together.

Overall, it's a pretty nice place. The a/c works really well, and it's nice to have my own bedroom and bathroom. I enjoy the 9-foot ceilings and all the kitchen appliances, as well as our own washer and dryer. Another added plus is that internet and cable (YES! YES! YES! ESPN, OH BABY!) are included as well. There are only a couple things that are really missing here...

This lady being Numero Uno...


If you have any tips, pointers, or books entitled How to Survive Living Away from Your Wife, please leave them in the comments.

Tomorrow is my first day at work and needless to say, I'm a little nervous. I'll post another write-up tomorrow evening describing my first day at GEICO. As always, your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

2 comments:

Megs said...

Your place isn't as bad as you made it seem love. just remember, it's temporary! :0)

I sure do miss you too baby! Just 10 more days until I come down....10 more days!

And...you're going to be GRRRRRREAT tomorrow! I'll be praying my guts out for you!! :0)

LOVE YOU!

Mum Staples said...

Ah, Kody...my heart aches for you. The apt. is great...just push the transport button and beam Meghan down there in the kitchen, and...voila! You will live happily ever after. I think that's how the storybooks end. Alas, in real life, you have to trudge along and persevere thru the heat, sweat, and loneliness of the long, hot, summer. After all that cheery advice, you should be set! Wuv U - Mum